One of the best towns on the South Fork. I’m sharing my favorite shops, eats, and activities to do while out in Sag Harbor.Read More
How To Do St. Patricks Day--NYC Style.Read More
Where To Meet: Oxford Exchange
and a style lesson on the side.
If you've never heard of Oxford Exchange, you probably have yet to join the Instagram world. I say this because it is one of the most photogenic places (and a blogger's dream) that exists in the US. Everytime I am in Tampa, it's a must stop for me. From the shopping, the food, coffee and tea options, and even the Warby Parker Boutique inside, it's a gold mine for the quintessential style-driven female.
Although this place may be only in Tampa, there are many community driven restaurants and food halls popping up more and more. Urging people to be dressed for multiple occasions in one venue. We're going to stick with a casual style look (although if invited to a more formal event, this attire isn't appropriate) because more than likely you'll come browse through the store, get some work done and get a coffee, or even sit down for lunch. And that can be hard to dress for.
I find that many people tend to focus on trends and how to achieve them, but that can run your wallet dry if you keep following that route. That's not to say I don't ever purchase a trendy item (believe me, I do) but I think long and hard on how long I will get value out of it before I swipe. So I thought I would make this post focused on items you'll keep in your closet forever.
Classic Items You'll Always Need:
- A Denim Shirt: The possibilities are endless! I've had mine since freshman year of college, no joke. One of the best purchases (and smarter purchases) I've made to date. It looks good tucked in to almost any bottom, tied up, worn regularly, or even as a layering piece over a top.
- A Bralette: You need one, especially for shirts that you don't need or feel like wearing a bra with. I would say stick to the neutral/go-with-everything colors for this: white, nude, grey, or black. I have one in all four, just in case.
- A leather belt: Good for styling, I have mine here tied. You'll want real leather, so it's durable and good quality to last you for a while. Mine is from J. Crew.
In the photo below, I styled all of this together with high-waisted shorts, but I could have went with many other options because of how versatile these pieces are. If you want to learn more about how to shop more effectively and get the only closet pieces you'll ever need, look into Epytom. They're the first ever Fashion AI Assistant and interact with you through with FB Messenger, which is pretty cool. They'll help you narrow down a closet that is worthy of a high-fashion icon and save money.
To shopping and meeting better,
xox - Soho Mini
Where To Meet: Southampton, NY
Personally, what I believe is the best destination out east.
It's no surprise that the Hamptons are the place to be, especially in New York at this time of year. But, if you're a stranger to the east end of Long Island, going to the Hamptons is pretty vague. Especially since the Hamptons are a combination of towns and villages and some might even consider Montauk, to be part of the bougie lifestyle as well.
Believe it or not, you don't have to be a real house wife or a celebrity to have a nice day out in Southampton. It's one of the many reasons it is my favorite place to go out east. You can spend most of the day going into different boutiques while enjoying the most picturesque spots (as noted from our little photoshoot next to Ralph Lauren , you can thank me later) in the village and of course, the perfect foodie restaurants to get the full millennial experience. Tons of avocado toast and burrata.
Doesn't really matter the occasion or who you're with, it's enjoyable for everyone, there's even a park with a farmers market on Sundays. Some rosé and a nice paycheck before (in case you feel like shopping) make this an even better experience. You can still enjoy yourself without those things, however I would wear one of those outfits you've "been saving" and put it to good use since you'll spend at least a couple hours there.
How to Southampton:
- To Eat
- Jobs Lane Gastro Pub - A TON of outside seating and amazing appetizers and drinks
- Sant Ambroeus - Not their only location, but they have the cutest alley to sit in so you can really feel like you're having lunch in Paris and all the foodie vibes
- Sugarfina - For something sweet and cute, they have their pop-up store which I hope is permanent
- To Meet
- Southampton Publick House - Your neighborhood bar with great outdoor live music, you won't be disappointed and it's not as stuffy as some of the other restaurants and night life places are out here
- Southampton Social Club - Fine dine, hang out with friends, or party the night away. Yep, you can do all three of these things in one place. If you can, I highly recommend making this part of your night if you can.
- AM Southampton - Used to be 1 OAK, now is the new night club spot and definitely a place to go if you can make it out late night.
My outfit and usually my go-to for a day where I'm out and about is usually a jumpsuit, but this Free People jumpsuit is extra special to me. Not only have I worn it for MANY occasions this summer, but it is like wearing pajamas! So soft, comfortable and really easy to accessorize.
Hoping that I'm enlightening you in time for labor day weekend, if you get to be on Long Island this holiday consider yourself lucky. There's just no place like it between the summer and fall.
- xox Soho Mini
Ever feel right at home upon entering somewhere that isn't your home? That's what Buddy Brew Coffee feels like to me.
I discovered this majestic, cozy, right-at-home cafe when I was in my senior year of college. At first I would come to just blow off steam and sit there while drinking the best almond milk latte's in Tampa. I then realized how much I loved working on school projects, real work (once I got a full-time job) and I didn't have to be at the office, or working on this blog within this place.
This is a great place for collaboration on your next big idea, getting through endless hours of work (I have literally sat there for 4 hours at a time), and getting the cutest brunch if you are with coffee snobs.
Things you must order if you're trying to accomplish life:
- Iced Cold Brew: will get you through about 2 hours of work .
- Pour Overs: they give you small coffee pot of get shit done! This is for those days you left everything to the last minute and it's all due tomorrow.
- My new favorite: Iced Cappuccino with Soy Milk (asked for it to be drained over ice...life changing).
And, you MUST pair the amazing coffee with their small, but everything you need brunch/lunch menu.
- Avocado Toast. Not only basic, but delicious. Make sure you add two poached eggs. You will not regret it.
- Peanut Butter Pesto Panini (as pictured) so amazing.
Be sure to note that not all Buddy Brew locations have the same food offering's so make sure you go to the W Kennedy location if you are in Tampa.
Things that are acceptable to wear:
- I hate when people say "anything goes" (what does that really mean?) but really it does. Not saying to come here super formal like you would be going to a rooftop brunch, but if you we're in a maxi dress or a midi dress you would be okay.
- I like to wear something comfortable, that I wouldn't mind sitting in for a couple hours because I often do my work here. Pictured I am wearing overalls, crop top, and strappy sandals.
Let me know if you are ever in Tampa and get to enjoy this amazing coffee! Don't forget to comment, make suggestions, or ask questions below!
- xox @sohomini